Adverbial Clause Of Contarst
A concessive adverbial clause of contrast show unexpected results.
A comma is NOT USED when the main clause comes first.
Conjunctions: although, even though, despite the fact that
* Although spike is only a puppy, he understands verbal istruction.
* Despite the fact that spike is a dog, he can climb bamboo trees.
* Spike climbs skillfully although he is not a cat.
An adversative adverbial clause of contrast show direct opposition.
A comma USED although the main clause comes first.
Conjunctions: while, whereas
* Slyvester eats fish, whereas Guguk prefers dog biscuits.
* During the night, while Guguk sleeps, meong usually goes out to prowl.
* Slyvester loves climbing trees, while Guguk loves swimming.